Make sure you find a bathroom installer that is right for you with our handy guide to what you should be on the lookout for.
If your current bathroom looks dull or dated, or if you don’t have the right sort of modern utilities in place, it can bring down the overall ambience of your home – and even make the place feel old or unhygienic. So what are your options? Well, the best thing to do would be to undertake a complete bathroom overhaul – and get in a local contractor or fitting company to install a brand new bathroom for you as soon as possible.
What to Look for in Local Bathroom Fitters
So what have you got to look for when hiring a bathroom installation company? Well a fully trained and experienced bathroom fitter should be able to offer at least one or more of the following when conducting a preliminary review of your bathroom refurbishment or installation plans:
- A range of new and modern utilities, fixtures and fittings, including top of the range shower heads and cubicles, hot-tubs, LED spotlighting and fully integrated ceramic bathtub and sink designs.
- A portfolio of previous work experience and fitted bathroom makes and models for you to make a final decision on.
- An eager-to-please attitude and willingness to listen to your ideas and offer suggestions and/or improvements where necessary.
- Their own team of trained and qualified labourers to get on with the construction and installation work with little help and minimal fuss.
- Good references that can be corroborated at a moment’s notice.
- An up-front estimate (and competitive price-plan!) on the final cost of your bathroom installation plans to help you budget beforehand.
- Anything from a twenty to thirty year warranty or guarantee on all work undertaken on the property and on the bathroom fittings themselves – and a promise to carry out any immediate repairs (should they arise) free of charge, at least within the first couple of years after installation.
Finding Recommended Bathroom Installer
But how do you find a bathroom fitter that’s right for you? Well, that all depends on whether you want to opt for an individual and local contractor, or get in touch with a number of bathroom design companies to see if they can offer a similar bespoke, personal service but with a model bathroom you might already have your eye on. Generally, however, there are ways to source the best bathroom installers you can, including by doing the following:
- Ask friends, relatives and neighbours for any personal recommendations, and check out their latest bathroom refurbishments to see if the finish is what you have in mind.
- Check out local business and retailers in the Yellow Pages and on local online forums to see who offers a bespoke service at the best rate.
- Trawl through as many websites as you can to see if there is one that suits the kind of bathroom refurbishment you are going for.
- Go through governing bodies such as the CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering) or the Plumbing Trade Association to find an accredited and qualified installer who knows what they’re doing and has a proven track record.
- Make sure your chosen contractor is Gas Safe Registered.
Remember, at the end of the day there is a range of different bathroom fitting companies out there, all of whom should be fighting for your employment and going out of their way to prove why they are the best in the business. If you remain unconvinced by a team or contractor, then wait a little while longer – so long as you shop around thoroughly for a good deal, there is no reason why you shouldn’t find a quality bathroom installer who will help you realise your dream bathroom on time and within budget.